Russian Visa for Indians
Russian Visa for Indians
Being an Indian you are not free to travel whenever you want. Also, solo trips are damn difficult because the procedure to get Visa come in between. I planned a solo Trip to Russia and without knowing about Visa Process I booked my return flight tickets. I thought Russian Visa would have been easy to get as compare with Schengen or United States Visa. But it has also some complications.
So, if you are Indian and you are planning a solo trip to Russia, here is the guide on how to get the Visa.
The below are the good news about Russian Visa:
- There is no limit on no of days of stay like you can stay only for 20 days or 30 days. Here days will be decided by you and not by the consulate.
- Very less documentation
- Only 3 Working days after submitting documents
- People are very much helpful
- No need to book return flight tickets
The below are the list of Documents
- Tourist confirmation letter (fax or scanned copy can be submitted) stating that the tourist is going to be hosted by a Russian Organization which is authorized to carry out tour operator activities and is registered in the Unified Federal Register of Tour Operators under a unique reference number; It should contain all vital data of the tourist (full name, date of birth, sex, nationality and passport number), duration of stay (date of entry and exit), number of entries granted by the visa, full title of the Russian tour operator issuing the invitation, its unique reference number (MVT) and the list of paid tourist services (transport, accommodation, excursions, etc.), personal signature of the head of the tour agency together with the organization’s official seal.
- International passport (+ a good quality scanned copy of the page with photo and address page – both on one side of an A4 sheet), containing at least 2 blank pages for visas, and valid for a period of 6 months from the date of expiry of the visa
- Application form completed on the website visa.kdmid.ru (http://visa.kdmid.ru/), printed out and personally signed by the applicant. When selecting the location for submission of the documents please specify the visa center you will be applying at.
- One color photograph5 x 4.5 cm with light colored background, clear image of the applicant directly facing the camera, without dark/ tinted glasses or any headgear (with the exception of persons who wear such headgear due to their ethnic/ religious background, and are seen wearing the same in their passport photo)
Please note the below
- The Consular Office reserves the right to request additional documents for processing the visa, invite the applicant for an interview or extend visa processing time.
- Confirmation of a hotel booking does not serve as the basis for issuance of a tourist visa.
The biggest Challenge
Tourist Confirmation Letter??
This is a confirmation from the local Tour operator that you are coming to Russia and you are opting for his service. So, if you are traveling solo then how will you get this??
There are many companies online that will charge 35-40 USD for giving this Letter. It will take just 5 mins to get this letter. You should give the list of Hotel and places you are visiting. Then after making payment within 2 mins, you will get the letter.
INR 2560 Incl message option for passport collection for Single Entry Visa.
Three working days after submitting documents.
For more details click here